Distinguished Alumni Awards
[page one] [page two]
[page three] [page
four] [page five]
- NICK NOLTE - PCC 1961 Two-time Academy Award nominated actor.
- IRV NOREN - PJC 1942-1945,1945 Basketball State
Championships, Player of the Year; Baseball - All
Western State Conference First Team; Major League
Baseball player and coach for 16 years.
- HOWARD PACKARD - PHS 1929 Former President of
Johnson's Wax. [OMD]
- CHARLES PADDOCK - PHS - 1915-1918 "The World's
Fastest Human" 1916-1924; Olympic Games 1920,
2 gold and I Silver Medal; Olympic Games 1924, Silver
Medal; Managed the Star News; WWII Marine Officer,
killed in 1943 at age 42.
- ANNE W. PURSEL - PCC AA 1954 Retired PUSD Elementary
School Teacher. Community Volunteer - exemplary
service to Pasadena Community organizations and
- DICK RATLIFF - PCC AA 1957 Pasadena Community
Volunteer; leader in developing PCC Foundation.
President of the Pasadena
Tournament of Roses.
- GEORGE REEVES - PJC 1934 Actor; portrayed "Superman"
on television series; appeared in many movies including
"Gone with the Wind".
ROBINSON - PJC 1939 First African American to
sign Brooklyn Dodgers, 1947; 1947 Rookie of the
Year; 1949 Most Valuable Player; 1962 Baseball Hall
of Fame. [OMD]
- MACK ROBINSON PJC 1936-1938 Set national junior
college records I 00-yard dash, 200 yard dash, broad
jump; Olympic Games 193 6 - Silver Medal, 200 meters
(21. 1 seconds). Pasadena Junior College and University
of Oregon Hall of Fame Athlete.
ROSEN - PCC 1965-1967 Award winning cellist;
only American to have won Gold Medal at the Tchaikovsky
- DAVID RUST - PCC -1974-1976 CNN Photographer.
- BETYE SAAR - PCC 1946/ 1947 Internationally renowned
artist; works are primarily mixed media; exhibits
in galleries and museums nationwide.
- FRANK SATA - PCC 1952 Architect; Sata Collaborates,
Inc.; community volunteer.
- BETTIE MAE SCOTT - PJC 1944 Among first crew of
Women in Service Airforce Pilots; She was killed
while flight testing a BT-13 on July 8, 1944.
- WALTER SHATFORD- PJC 1931-1934 39 years of service
as elected school and college trustee; NAACP Ruby
McKnight Williams Award.
||[page one]||[page two]||[page
[ top of page ]