Distinguished Alumni Awards
[page one] [page two]
[page three] [page
four] [page five]
- HARRY SHELDON - PCC 1939 Former Vice President of
Vroman's bookstore. [OMD]
SHINODA - PCC 1950 Designer of 1963 and 1968 Corvette
and other classic cars.
SIMSARIAN - PJC - 1927 Mt. Simsarian in Antarctica
is named for OMD charter member James Simsarian in
recognition of his work as chief spokesman for US
at meetings that produced 12-nation Treaty on Antarctica,
advisor to Eleanor Roosevelt on human rights. [OMD]
- JACQUELIN SINGH - PJC 1948 Noted Authors.
SINGLETON - PCC 1985 Movie director; directed
"Boyz in the Hood".
- SAM SOGHOMONIAN - PCC 1945 Public speaker; honored
retired PCC professor.
- CAROL SPANKS - PCC 1954-1956 Lettered in basketball,
softball, tennis, badminton, State badminton doubles
championship; three times softball All-American; Head
coach 1987 U.S. team, Pan American Games, the earned
a gold medal. head coach of the USA team at the 1995
South Pacific Classic in Australia where her team
captured the gold medal. Now Associate Head Coach
- JERRY TARKANIAN - PCC 1954-1955 Noted basketball coach of UNLV.
- LADD THOMAS - PHS/PJC - 1952-1956 Prominent organist,
presented concerts world wide performed with Zubin
Mehta and other prominent conductors.
- JOHN VAN DE KAMP - PCC 1952 Former California State
Attorney General; former District Attorney of California
VAN HALEN - PCC 1974 Rock and Roll guitarist and
- ELLSWORTH VINES - PHS 1927 - 1929 CIF State Tennis
Champion; U.S. Nationals Tennis Champion 1931 &
1932; PGA Gold Tour, 100 Tournaments 1940-1957; Tennis
Hall of Fame.
- CHARLES WIGGINS - PJC 1949 Senior Circuit Judge
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit.
- VERNE WINCHELL - PJC 1934 Established Winchell's
Doughnuts - 1948 opened first drive through in Temple
City; 1969 merged with Denny's.
DONALD WRIGHT- PJC 1925 Former Chief Justice, California
||[page one]||[page two]||[page
[ top of page ]