Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T) and Associate in Science Degree for Transfer (AS-T) to CSU
The Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (Senate Bill 1440, now codified in California Education Code sections 66746-66749) guarantees admission to a California State University (CSU) campus for any community college student who completes an "associate degree for transfer", a newly established variation of the associate degrees traditionally offered at a California community college.
The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or the Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. In order to earn one of these degrees, students must complete a minimum of 60 required semester units of CSU-transferable coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T or AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor's degree (unless the major is a designated "high-unit" major). This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a counselor when planning to complete the degree for more information on university admission and transfer requirements.The degree requires completion of:
- A minimum of 60 CSU-transferable units (courses numbered 1-99)
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 Must be obtained in all CSU-transferable coursework completed at PCC and in comparable courses at other regionally accredited institutions. While a minimum 2.0 Is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in an "AA-T" or "AS-T" major as detailed in the catalog or addenda. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better or a "P" if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- At least 15 units of the required 60 units, must be completed at PCC. No more than 6 units may be transferred from another college if earned after the student's last enrollment at PCC.
- Certified completion of the CSU General Education-Breadth or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC-CSU).
The AA-T and AS-T degrees are awarded in the following disciplines:
This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required. To download a free copy click here.