Looking for a truly authentic Italian learning experience? Our Italian program is perfect for you! You’ll have the chance to take courses in elementary and intermediate Italian and to explore Italy’s rich culture, art, and cinema through a variety of other classes. Outside of class, you’ll be able to meet like-minded students on campus through Club Italia! Finally, you will have the chance to put what you've learned to use by participating in our study abroad program in Florence, Italy
- Italian is the language of Art, Music, Opera and Italy is a world leader in culinary arts, interior design, fashion, graphic design, furniture design, machine tool manufacturing, robotics, electromechanical machinery, shipbuilding, space engineering, construction machinery, and transportation equipment.
- Italian is important for its cultural heritage and 60% of the UNESCO world art treasures are found in Italy.
- Italian literature boasts some of the world's most famous writers and thinkers, from Dante, Boccaccio, Petrarca and Machiavelli, to Verga, Svevo, and Pirandello.
- Many global companies have their headquarters in Italy, and Italy is the world’s fifth largest industrial producer of goods.
- Knowledge of the language is essential to fully appreciate the richness of Italian literature, theater, opera, and films.
- Italian is also a plus for people planning international careers abroad. An estimated 7,500 American companies do business with Italy, and more than 1,000 U.S. firms have offices in Italy.
- Italy has the cultures, landscapes, and histories to fill a lifetime of investigation.
Italian | Associate in Arts (AA) Degree
Major in Italian AND earn a degree. By completing the Italian major program at PCC you will earn an AA degree in Italian as well as complete many of your lower division major requirements to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Italian prior to transferring to a four-year university.
Foreign Language Proficiency in Italian | Occupational Skills Certificate
Demonstrate your proficiency in the Italian Language with an Occupational Skills Certificate! Certificates are available in Basic Proficiency in Italian (12-13 unit certificate) and Intermediate Proficiency in Italian (12 unit certificate).
As a PCC student studying Italian, you be may be eligible for the following scholarships:
Carmen Mion-Brunol Italian American Scholarship - For Excellence in the Italian Language