(ALL Newly Admitted Students)
- On or before the date indicated in your acceptance letter, you must check in to the International Student Center. Failure to do so will result in SEVIS record and U.S. Immigration status problems.
- Overseas students cannot enter the United States 30 days prior to the program start date indicated on the I-20 Form.
- copies of your visa
- copies of I-20 form
- completed and signed International Student Agreement
Attend International Student Orientation
- By U.S. immigration law, all F-1 visa students are required to attend orientation.
- At the orientation, you will learn more about our college, become familiar with your academic and degree requirements, understand Immigration and employment requirements, and meet new friends.
- Students who miss orientation will NOT receive a Student ID, SEVIS registration, placement testing, a registration
date for classes, and will miss out on tickets for trips to Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens.
- Orientation for spring semester is December or January (See acceptance letter for dates)
- Orientation for fall semester is June or July (See acceptance letter for dates).
- Follow the instructions on your acceptance letter for detailed information on orientation.
- All new international students are required to take English and Math placement tests.
- If you have attended college in the U.S., this requirement may be waived. Visit the PCC Counseling Center at L-103 with appropriate official transcripts (in English) to get a waiver.
- All International Students will be assigned to attend group counseling with a counselor who will help you select your classes.
Register for Classes
- A specific date will be assigned for all new international students to register for classes in groups. To maintain full-time student status, you must enroll in at least 12 units each Fall and Spring semester.
- All international students are required to attend iJam events. iJam will help prepare students for college life at PCC and improve skills to help with the transition to PCC.