(ALL Newly Admitted Students)
- On or before the date indicated on your acceptance letter, you must attend a Check-in/Welcome Day event. Failure to do so will result in SEVIS record and U.S. Immigration status issues.
- Overseas students cannot enter the United States 30 days prior to the program start date indicated on the I-20 Form.
Attend International Student Orientation
- By U.S. immigration law, all F-1 visa students are required to attend orientation.
- At the orientation, you will learn more about our college, become familiar with your academic and degree requirements, understand immigration and employment requirements, and meet new friends.
- Students who miss orientation will NOT receive a Student ID, SEVIS registration, placement exams, and a registration
schedule of classes.
- Orientation for spring semester is December or January
- Orientation for fall semester is July or August
- All new international students are required to take English and Math placement tests.
- If you have attended a college or university in the U.S., this requirement may be waived. Visit the PCC Counseling Center at L-103 with the appropriate official transcripts (in English) to get a waiver.
- All International Students will attend group counseling with a counselor who will help you select your classes.
Register for Classes
- All new international students register for classes in groups. To maintain full-time student status, you must enroll in at least 12 units each Fall and Spring semester.
- All international students are required to attend JAM events. JAM will help prepare students for college life at PCC and improve skills to help with the transition to PCC.