To make sure you can participate in sports at PCC, you must understand and be able to meet certain eligibility requirements. Below are short summaries of our scholastic and athletic policies, but if you have any questions about or need further help in meeting these requirements, feel free to ask one of the counselors in The Zone.
- You must be continually and actively enrolled in 12 units during the semester of your sport.
- 9 of those 12 units must be academic (non-KATH/KINA).
- If you drop below 12 units, you are immediately ineligible and are not allowed to participate in competition.
- Participating while under 12 units can cause your team to forfeit competitions.
Second season eligibility
In order to be eligible for your second season of competition, you must have:
- Completed 24 units (18 of those academic) since the start of your first competing semester with a 2.0 GPA.
- Pass at least 6 units in your last full-time term prior to competition. (For example, if you compete in fall 2015, in order to be eligible for the fall 2016 season, you would need to complete 24 units (18 academic) in the fall 2015 through summer 2016 semesters, with an overall 2.0 GPA.)
Playing two sports
If you want to compete on two different teams, you must have an overall 2.0 GPA from when you first started competing in your first sport.
For example, if you competed in the fall 2015 semester, and want to compete in a spring 2016 semester, you must have an overall 2.0 GPA from the beginning of the fall 2015 semester.