High School Students
Current High School Students
Qualified students who have not yet graduated from high school may be admitted for concurrent enrollment at Pasadena City College in college transfer or advanced vocational courses upon recommendation of the school principal or counselor. Such students are limited to 9 units (6 units in winter/summer intersessions).
Apply and begin the registration process
- At your high school
- Meet with your high school counselor and decide which PCC course(s) you want to register for. High school students are not permitted to take PCC PE courses or 400 level courses. Schedule of classes.
- Complete, with your high school counselor, the Recommendation for Admission of Selected Students / Permission to Register form and get your parent or legal guardian to sign.
- Obtain a copy of your most recent high school transcript from your high school. If you are a high school 9th grader, please obtain your middle school transcript.
- Online application required for admission to PCC (do not apply in person):
Submit your paperwork
at the PCC Campus, Admissions Office, Building L, Room L113 (map)
- Dates to apply online:
- Spring 2013 : October 1 - December 31, 2012
Register in person at the PCC Campus, Registration Office, Building L, Room L113 on the date indicated on the permit to register.
Pay your fees at the time of registration, including health and student representation fees. Additional course fees are required for some classes. Non-residents will be required to pay non-residtent tuition.
- Student must be present
- Bring your Photo ID
- Submit your completed "Recommendation for Admission of Select Students / Permission to Register" form (see step one above).
- Submit your high school transcript
- Proof of residency may be required. (non-resident fees)
- Obtain your permit to register showing registration date and time from the Admissions Office.
NOTE: Once you graduate from high school, you must reapply online to change your status to high school graduate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Non graduates of High School
Non graduates of high school who are 18 years of age or older may be
admitted to Pasadena City College if it appears that they can profit from
instruction at the college level. However, it is recommended that students
who have not had a semester lapse since high school contact the Community
Education Center and seek alternatives as to how they may complete their
high school graduation requirements. Students who complete the High School
Proficiency Examination with satisfactory scores and present the Certificate
of Proficiency may be admitted to Pasadena City College.