Lancers Football -- Head Coach
Head Football Coach
Vacant (a new coach will benamed for 2015)
PCC Sports Hall of Fame QB Nathan Chandler dives in for touchdown in a 2001 game. Chandler, inducted into the 2013 class, helped the Lancers win the Mission Conference championship in '01. The Texas native went on to a successful career at the University of Iowa.
RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF PCC FOOTBALL
- Former All-American quarterback Nathan Chandler (2000-01 Lancers) was inducted into the 2013 class of the PCC Sports Hall of Fame. PCC running back greats Jonathan Smith (2001) and Jerome Harrison (2002-03) were each inducted into the 2011 class of the Hall as well as 1966 Defensive MVP and Linebacker Curtis Seagrove.
- Harrison distinguished himself in the pro ranks by recording the third highest single-game rushing total in NFL history with 286 yards for the Cleveland Browns in a late-season 2009 game v. Kansas City.
- In 2013, defensive end Dalyou Pierson led the SCFA in sacks with 10.5 and was named to the All-California Region IV team.
- PCC quarterback Justin Posthuma and wide receiver Jose Rodriguez hooked up for the longest pass play in school history--a 96-yard touchdown--in the 2011 season opener and Coach Fimbres' debut as Lancers head coach.
- In 2011, Wayne Peters led all wide receivers in receptions in the state with 81 catches during the 10-game regular season.
- In 2010, wide receiver David Reed became the first PCC player since Harrison in 2006 to be drafted into the NFL as a fifth round choice of the Baltimore Ravens. He picked up a Super Bowl ring as a special teams player in 2013 and is now a member of the Indianapolis Colts. Reed holds national community college records and PCC school records for most receptions and yards in a 10-game regular season.
- In 2010, Dennis Gossard coached his 53rd victory and the long-time PCC faculty member retired as PCC's winningest head football coach. He coached as both an assistant and HC for a run of 31 seasons from 1979-2010.
Jerome Harrison (2002-2003 Lancers) with the Cleveland Browns of the NFL. Harrison joined the NFL in 2006 and in 2009 he posted the third highest single-game rushing total in pro history.
Jonathan Smith (2001 Lancers, with ball right) set a PCC record for rushing yards in a single season with 2,049, and set a national record for most all-purpose yards in a game with 515. He went on to become an All-Pac 10 selection at Washington State University and later led NFL Europe in rushing.
Placekicker Nick Luevano set a new PCC distance record with a 49-yard field goal in 2009.