Sports in the News
Football Hosts "Day At The Races" At Santa Anita Mar. 24
The Pasadena City College football program is hosting its first fundraiser for the 2012 season, "A Day At The Races" on Saturday, Mar. 24 at Santa Anita Park.
Gates open at 10:30 a.m. at Santa Anita with horse racing and other fun activities continuing to 5 p.m. Head coach Fred Fimbres and his assistant coaching staff will help run numerous 50-50 raffles and a silent auction for assorted large-ticket items.
Besides entrance to the park and a free parking pass, a $25 donation will get an individual the Saturday racing program, lunch, and two tickets for future dates at Santa Anita. Fundraiser participants also will have access to a private infield party area.
To purchase tickets, follow the instructions below:
1. Access the PCC PayPal account: www.pasadena.edu/giv
2. Go to the bottom of the page, below “Other” – click on the Donate button
3. Enter the amount of the donation (number tickets x $25.00) and click on the “Update Total” button. Click “Continue” or log in to PayPal.
4. Input your info (PayPal or Credit Card). Click “Review Donation and Continue.
5. In the “Notes” section, type: PCC Football Santa Anita Fundraiser, then list the number of tickets purchased, and the will call name or names.
6. Print a copy to use as your parking pass (enter off Colorado – Gate #6)
Santa Anita Park is located 285 W Huntington Drive in Arcadia. For more information, contact the fundraiser coordinator Carl Lopez at 310-469-2962 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Release Date: 03/20/12
Robert Lewis, Sports Information
Phone: 626-585-7018, Email: email@example.com