A national scholarship program for high achieving college students of African American, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic descent interested in pursuing careers in the insurance and financial services industry.
• Open to students of African American, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic descent.
• Must show proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired).
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Plan to attend a degree-seeking program, full-time at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2013-2014 academic year.
• Will be entering sophomore, junior, senior or 5th-year senior year in pursuit of an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university.
• Students of all majors will be considered.
• Preference will be given to students who demonstrate:
–– An interest in pursuing a career in the insurance and financial
–– Leadership and participation in extracurricular activities.
• Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• Selected students attending accredited 2 year and 4 year colleges/
universities will be awarded $2,500 or $5,000 respectively. to apply www.act.org/massmutual.
Deadline 5/3/13 5:00 p.m. Central time