2013 ACADEMIC SENATE
For Transfer (or Transfer after Graduation) Students
The Academic Senate awards two categories of scholarships to those students who have attained an outstanding academic record at PCC and who have demonstrated service to the college and the community: These are the Dean’s Honor/Edna Plummer Scholarship, and the Keith Miller Educational Scholarship.
- For the Dean’s Honors Scholarship, you must have earned Dean’s Honors at PCC for at least two semesters and your GPA must be at least 3.7.
- For the Keith Miller Educational Scholarship you must have maintained at least a 3.4 GPA, have completed at least a total of 30 units at PCC, and plan to teach at the K-12 grade level. (Please Note: If you are applying for the Keith Miller Educational Scholarship, you must provide details about your teaching career goals in your essay. Failure to include such information in your essay will automatically disqualify you for this scholarship.)
- For both scholarships, you must transfer from PCC to a four-year accredited institution during the academic year following the award – in this case, fall 2013/spring 2014.
Application Check List:
This application page.
A ONE to 1 1\2 page essay describing your academic and work experience as well as your career and educational goals. Devote one paragraph of this essay to your extra curricular activities at PCC and to your most memorable volunteer service to the college and/or to the community.
Application information and a report (on the reverse side) for the current semester.
Letters of recommendation from two instructors at PCC to be sent directly to the Office of the Academic Senate (C227), emphasizing your academic achievements.
A copy of your unofficial transcripts from PCC and any other colleges you have attended.
Deadline for the Application:
Applications are available at the Academic Senate Office (C227) beginning January 9, 2013.
All documents listed in the application check list must arrive in the Academic Senate office by
12:00 P.M. onThursday, February 14, 2013.
- An incomplete application at the deadline will disqualify you.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your letters of recommendation arrive in time. Check with your instructors well in advance of the deadline.
Information about the Academic Senate Office:
- Location: C227
- Phone Number: (626) 585-7211
- Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday to Friday
- E-mail address: email@example.com