PCC Financial Aid Updates
1. Because of technical difficulties beyond our control, the summer disbursement was delayed. The summer, 2013 financial aid checks were mailed the weeek of September 2, 2013. A second summer disbursement is planned for the end of September. Payments will be based on completed units for summer. This process may not apply to students who are on financial aid probation or who have been notified of Satisfactory Academic Progress disqualification.
2. The PCC financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress timeframe check will occur at 78 attempted units; however, with exceptional circumstances presented in a Satisfactory Academic Progress petition/appeal, the maximum timeframe allowed by law can be extended up to 90 attempted units. Students are encouraged to manage their educational goal and adhere to the established timeframe requirements that corresponds to the published program length. Meeting early with an academic counselor for a Student Educational Plan is highly recommended. The timeframe progress check will apply to financial aid applicants for the 2013-14 financial aid award year. (Also see #6 below regarding Lifetime Pell Grant eligibility or http://www.pasadena.edu/studentservices/financialaid/terms.cfm#sat-aca-prog).
3. The Financial Aid Portal is no longer available. If you need information about your 2012-13 financial aid, please come to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid, L-114.
4. The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid is participating in training sessions for the new LancerPoint student information system. This training may take staff away from their desk for part of the day. Training varies and could occur throughout the year. We regret any inconvenience caused by the training exercises.
5. The 2013-2014 Financial Aid application processes are in the LancerPoint student information system. The fall 2013 fee waiver is posted to the LancerPoint Self-Service Banner website as Outside Resource. PCC students are encouraged to submit their 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid well before their scheduled registration date.
6. Starting July 1, 2013, new federal student loan borrowers will be subject to a 150% program length timeframe and 100% limit for programs measured in clock hours. The timeframe limit cannot be petitioned or appealed.
As you may know, limited information is provided over the telephone. If you have any questions about your financial aid status, we recommend that you see the staff at the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.
Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.