Applications are now being accepted for the Pasadena City College (PCC) President’s Latino Advisory Committee (PLAC), Latino Scholarship.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Completed at least 12 units at PCC and/or CEC at the time scholarship application is submitted.
- Be a PCC and/or CEC student enrolled in 9 units at the time of application.
- Plan to 1) be a continuing PCC student during the Spring, 2012 semester enrolled in at least 9 units per semester or 2) demonstrate ability to transfer to a 4-year university (will require proof of registration).
- GPA consideration is based on the pool of applicants. Applicants should not be deterred by the GPA requirement as other factors will also be taken into consideration.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate involvement in extracurricular or community activities.
- Demonstrate how through your interactions with the Latino community you have an understanding of the Latino culture.
- Demonstrate how achieving your career goal will positively affect the Latino community.
The general PLAC application must be submitted with:
Full name, current mailing address, day and evening phone numbers, student ID number and current e-mail address.
- If you have attended a college other than PCC, please submit an unofficial copy of the transcript(s).
- 1 or 2 letters of recommendations. 1 letter is required; an additional letter is optional.
- A brief autobiographical statement including the following:
In no more than 500 words, typed, double-spaced, demonstrate how you have been involved in extracurricular or community activities and how through your interactions with the Latino community you have an understanding of the Latino culture. Also, elaborate on how achieving your career goal will positively affect the Latino community. Address any extenuating circumstances you have overcome.
Complete the fillable .pdf application available at: http://www.pasadena.edu/about/president/documents/PLAC_13_Applic_Fillable.pdf. Mail or deliver completed application materials to:
Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid, L-114
Application deadline: Friday, March 28, 2013
Application (PLAC brochure) guidelines are also available at:
For more information about the Presidents Latino Advisory Committee, visit: http://www.pasadena.edu/about/president/plac.cfm