American Business Woman Association (ABWA) supports women throughout their careers by providing opportunities to hone leadership skills, access to unsurpassed professional development resources, and national recognition in the largest network of working women in the country.
You may enter information in the fields below and submit electronically.
This scholarship application is proudly sponsored by Verdugo Glen Chapter, Glendale, CA. Applicants who meet the attached eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply. Submissions due by February 15.
1. Attend school in Los Angeles County area.
2. College must be accredited.
3. Principal residence in San Gabriel/San Fernando Valley areas.
4. U.S. citizen
5. Complete chapter application and submit photo.
6. State reasons for attending college – Goals:
7. Scholarship amounts are up to the following limits:
- $200 per year for a part time student having at least 6 units.
- $400 per year for a full time student attending a two year Community College, i.e., Glendale Community College and having 12 units or more per semester.
- $1,000 per year for a full time student attending a four year University or College and having 12 units or more per semester.
- $750 per year for a full time student in post-graduate studies.
- (Special situations will be considered).
Students must reapply each year and scholarship will only be awarded for a total of four years.
Scholastic standing: 2.5 or better on a 4.0 basis (grades for completed semester or year are required).
Scholarship to be used only for tuition, books, lab or equipment fees (receipts are required).
Personal interview required.
If you are selected to receive assistance, you will be required to attend an ABWA meeting or event.
If you have questions, contact 818-951-3707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion, please return applications to:
Dr. Marty Preciado
10965 Hillhaven Ave.
Tujunga, CA 91042
Note: These guidelines were established and reviewed by the Education Committee in accordance with a survey taken of the chapter membership in June, 1989.