Women in Action
Ruth Valentine Returning Student Scholarship Award
Women in Action established the Returning Student Award in 1996, in honor of their deceased founding member Ruth Valentine. Ruth had a deep interest in working parents who made the decision to pursue their own development despite severe obstacles. The award is presented annually to under-represented working parents raising children who have chosen a career path and are enrolled at Pasadena City College or the Community Education Center, spring, 2014.
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Working parent raising children.
2. Currently enrolled in Pasadena City College or the Community Skills Center.
3. Have been in attendance for no less than one year.
4. Maintaining a 2.0 or better grade point average.
5. Write an essay demonstrating her personal efforts to redirect his/her life which includes career goals.
Download The Women in Action, Ruth Valentine Scholarship Award application here, or pick it up at the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid, L-114.
Applicants can submit the application to The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid or send it to:
PO Box 90992
Pasadena, CA 91109-0992
Deadline: Tuesday, April 15. Applications will be picked up at 5 p.m. from L-114 and the PO Box. Late applications will not be considered.
The amount of the award; $1,000. Winners may be asked to attend a scholarship award luncheon.