Applications are now being accepted for the Pasadena City College (PCC) President’s Latino Advisory Committee (PLAC) Scholarship.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Completed at least 12 units at PCC and/or CEC at the time scholarship application is submitted.
- Be a PCC and/or CEC student enrolled in 9 units at the time of application.
- Plan to 1) be a continuing PCC student during the Fall 2014 semester enrolled in at least 9 units per semester or 2) demonstrate ability to transfer to a 4-year university (will require proof of registration).
- GPA consideration is based on the pool of applicants. Applicants should not be deterred by the GPA requirement as other factors will also be taken into consideration.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate involvement in extracurricular or community activities.
- Demonstrate how through your interactions with the Latino community you have an understanding of the Latino culture.
- Demonstrate how achieving your career goal will positively affect the Latino community.
The PLAC application is available at:
Application deadline: Friday, April 4, 2014
For more information about the Presidents Latino Advisory Committee, visit: http://www.pasadena.edu/plac.html