Scholarship recipients may be awarded up to $9000 per year for students in a 4 year university. Those attending professional or community colleges and part time students are eligible for smaller awards. The funds may be used for tuition, fees and books.
Students should be enrolled in one of the healthcare disciplines listed above. A minimum grade point average of 2.5 is required for community college and professional school students, 3.25 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate students. Funding is available to those whose family income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level and who express an interest in working with the underserved here in Los Angeles County upon graduation.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A Gene & Marilyn Nuziard Scholarship & Loan Fund Application Form.
- A one page typed personal statement addressing the following:
- Academic Potential
- Career Goals
- Community and / or school involvement
- Scholarship and Student Loan Applicants are required to submit two “Evaluation Forms” with letters of recommendation attached. The letters of recommendation can be from any of the following: teacher, professor, guidance counselor, community leader, church leader, and / or immediate supervisor.
The individual (evaluator) should comment on your scholastic achievements and personal strengths such as enrollment, academic abilities and potential, maturity, motivation, self-confidence, leadership, perseverance, extra curricular activities, and community involvement.
- A copy of the FAFSA or Student Aid Report.
- Official Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- The most recent Tax Return
All materials are due by May 1st and mailed / delivered to:
Gene & Marilyn Nuziard Scholarship Fund
1300 N. Vermont Avenue, Suite 1002
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify the completeness of his / her application and submit it to QueensCare by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be included in the pool for consideration.
Applicants will be notified by mail.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, please contact QueensCare's Administrative Department at (323) 669-4353.