Pasadena City College, Home of the PCC Lancers

Pasadena City College CalWORKs Partnership Program

Who is eligible?

If you are currently enrolled at PCC or at the Community Education Center in college-credit or non-credit courses, you are eligible to participate. You must be a current recipient of AFDC/TANF, be named on the case, and be receiving the adult benefits. Students who are not named on the AFDC/TANF case or who become sanctioned by the L.A. County CalWORKs/GAIN Program are not eligible for services.

How to apply

Please call the PCC CalWORKs Program office at (626) 585-7060 for an appointment. You will be required to show verification of current AFDC/TANF benefits-for example, your most recent Notice of Action.

Services available through the PCC CalWORKs Partnership Program:

  • Help selecting GAIN-approved education/training program
  • Child care funds Referrals to child care agencies
  • Paid work/study jobs
  • Job preparation workshops
  • Job placement after vocational training
  • Educational planning
  • GAIN Program forms

Other services available at PCC:

  • Federal and state grants - contact the Scholarships and Financial Aid office, Room L114, (626) 585-7401
  • EOP&S grants, priority registration - contact EOP&S/CARE, Room L107, (626) 585-7439

The PCC CalWORKs Partnership Program is located in the L Building, Room 107, at Pasadena City College, 1570 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena 91106-2003. Phone: (626) 585-7060.

For more information:

County of Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services: Provides information on DPSS services, process, and provides access to DPSS local plans.

California Department of Social Services: State information on career preparation and job training services.