Pasadena City College CalWORKs Partnership Program
Who is eligible?
If you are currently enrolled at PCC or at the Community Education Center in college-credit or non-credit courses, you are eligible to participate. You must be a current recipient of AFDC/TANF, be named on the case, and be receiving the adult benefits. Students who are not named on the AFDC/TANF case or who become sanctioned by the L.A. County CalWORKs/GAIN Program are not eligible for services.
How to apply
Please call the PCC CalWORKs Program office at (626) 585-7060 for an appointment. You will be required to show verification of current AFDC/TANF benefits-for example, your most recent Notice of Action.
Services available through the PCC CalWORKs Partnership Program:
- Help selecting GAIN-approved education/training program
- Child care funds Referrals to child care agencies
- Paid work/study jobs
- Job preparation workshops
- Job placement after vocational training
- Educational planning
- GAIN Program forms
Other services available at PCC:
- Federal and state grants - contact the Scholarships and Financial Aid office, Room L114, (626) 585-7401
- EOP&S grants, priority registration - contact EOP&S/CARE, Room L107, (626) 585-7439
The PCC CalWORKs Partnership Program is located in the L Building, Room 107, at Pasadena City College, 1570 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena 91106-2003. Phone: (626) 585-7060.
For more information:
County of Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services: Provides information on DPSS services, process, and provides access to DPSS local plans.
California Department of Social Services: State information on career preparation and job training services.