News: Fall 2013 Updates from Mount St. Mary's College
Mount St. Mary's has some exciting updates for this upcoming year in assisting prospective students transfer into Mount St. Mary’s College.This is a great opportunity for transfer students to hear from current students, to visit the campus, and to see what the Mount has to offer.
NEW RN-BSN COMPLETION PROGRAM!
COMMON APPLICATION CAMPUS!
- Students that are interested in majors other than nursing can only apply to MSMC through the common application. We are very excited about this change to provide students the opportunity to keep their options open and apply to various common application schools. Transfer students will not need to turn in the mid-year report and school report. Students can apply at: https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/default.aspx. Students interested in the Nursing programs cannot use the Common Application to apply for admission.
- Students that are interested in majors other than nursing have an application deadline of November 1, 2013 for Spring 2014 and March 15, 2014 for Fall 2014.
- The deadline for students interested in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is February 1, 2014. This is a very strict deadline for students who are applying into the direct BSN program and all materials must be postmarked by February 1st.
- Students who are interested in the Associate Degree in Nursing program is April 1, 2014 for Fall 2014. This is a very strict deadline for students who are applying into the ADN program and all materials must be postmarked by the respective deadlines.
OPEN HOUSE AT MOUNT ST. MARY’S COLLEGE!
- Our open house event at the Chalon campus will be held on Sunday, November 3, 2013.
- NEW MAJORS and MINORS for Fall 2013!
- New majors:B.A. in Ethics and Society and B.A. in Global Politics.
- New minors: Music Scoring for Media and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- NURSING INFORMATION SESSIONS! The Nursing Information Sessions page has been updated to include new sessions for our nursing programs. The ADN, BSN, RN-BSN, and ABSN information sessions dates and time can be found at http://www.msmc.la.edu/admission/nursing-transfer-students/nursing-information-sessions.asp.
COST CALCULATOR! The MSMC website has a new tool for prospective students in creating an estimated financial aid award. Students can access this tool at http://www.msmc.la.edu/student-life/tools-for-academic-career-success/student-financing/cost-calculator.asp
Release Date: 09/13/2013
Contact: Dina Chase , Director, Outreach, Degree and Transfer Services
Phone: (626) 585-7287