Center Materials and Resources
- Textbook Activity Sheet
- Textbooks are available for reference only. They CANNOT BE REMOVED from the ESL Center. Please use your own notebooks to do the exercises in the books. If students start writing in the textbooks, they cannot be replaced, and it ruins the experience for other students. Most textbooks also have answer keys* for self-study and / or audio CDs with the book. Be sure to check those out separately from the front desk. *Answer keys will not be available for check-out for textbooks that are currently in use in the ESL classes.
- Book Report Activity Sheet
- Fiction/ non fiction There is a selection of fiction and non-fiction in the ESL Center. Fiction CAN be taken home for a period of TWO WEEKS and renewed for another two weeks. A charge will apply if you don't renew your book. If you lose the book, a fine for the cost of the book will apply, plus a restocking fee. If the fine is not paid, a hold will be placed on your registration
- Games Activity Sheet
- Games are a fun way to improve your English. If you think you will be too loud while playing the game in the main room, please make an appointment to use D306B conference room. Please be respectful with the games materials. Write in your own notebooks or scrap paper. To learn how to play each game, you can read the game's instructions, or if you want to schedule a workshop to learn how to play the games, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have at group of at least 8 students in order to schedule a games workshop.
- Scrabble (intermediate - advanced)
- Boggle (intermediate - advanced)
- Taboo (intermediate - advanced)
- Scattergories (intermediate - advanced)
- Picture This (beginning - advanced)
- Guess Who (beginning - advanced)
- DVD Activity Sheet
- View list of DVDs available - ALL DVDS MUST STAY IN THE ESL CENTER.
- DVD List - Based on True Story or Documentary & Book Available at the ESL Center
- Newer magazines must remain in the ESL Center; however, periodically magazines will be given away. Look for giveaways on the giveaway or freebie shelf.
Laptops, Headsets with Microphone, Mice
- The ESL Center has laptops available for students to use in the ESL Center. If you need to print, save your work onto a flash drive or email yourself and print from another computer lab on campus. If you want to listen to the audio, you can check out a headset with a microphone. There are also mice if you prefer to use a mouse. Also, for some helpful English-learning websites, open Internet Explorer and look at the list of Favorites.