skip to main content
Learning Assistance Center (LAC) Handouts for Improving English Writing Skills
Other campus resources
Links for ESL students (especially in the Health Sciences major)
Academic success/ counseling
- Films On Demand - PCC Library 7,000 full length programs and 62,500 video segments on many educational subjects. Most are closed captioned so you can read what you hear. If you are having trouble viewing the clips, you may need to enter through the PCC Library’s webpage.
- Educational Video Clips - Intelecom/ PCC Library (A repository of embeddable video clips streamed on demand. You can select from a variety of video collections in core curriculum subjects including the Biological Sciences, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Environmental Studies, Oceanography, Sociology and more. Closed captioning (cc) is available. If you are having trouble viewing the clips, you may need to enter through the PCC Library’s webpage: http://www.pasadena.edu/library/dbtitle.cfm)
- TED: Ideas worth spreading (Real talks and lectures by interesting and some famous people.)
- Khan Academy Learn almost anything for free. With a library of over 3,000 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 315 practice exercises, we are on a mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace.
- Click here for recommended multimedia tools
- Celebrate! Holidays in the USA This online resources discusses the ten national holidays, like Martin Luther King Day, and also celebratory days, like Valentines Day and Mother's Day.