Step 1: CItrack (Scan in and out)
1. Swipe Lancer ID
2. Select your class
3. Choose ‘tutoring’ on the computer
4. Sign up on the clipboard to see a tutor and wait to be called. If your name is called and you are not here, the next student will be called and you will need to sign up again.
5. Don’t forget to read the ESL Center Tutoring rules!
6. You may only have 15 minutes with the tutor so be ready with specific questions.
7. Sign up again if you need more time.
8. Swipe out with Lancer ID
Step 2: Before you see a tutor, you should look at
What can I do to get the most out of my tutoring session? (pdf) Before you see a tutor, make sure you know what your responsibilities are and how to maximize your time with the tutor.
What can I do with a tutor ? (pdf) Do you want to see a tutor, but you don't know how a tutor can help you? Here are some ideas for activities to do with a tutor.
How can I prepare for my tutoring session? (pdf) Before you sit down with a tutor to go over your writing assignment, fill out this form and then show it to your tutor.
How can the tutor help me? (pdf) Before you see a tutor, make sure you know what his or her responsibilities are.
Step 3: Signature form (Word doc.) If your instructor requires tutoring, make copies of this page and bring it with you to your tutoring to have the tutor sign it so you can get credit from your instructor.
Step 4: After you see at tutor, you can let us know how it went. Print out the Tutoring survey - (Word doc.) and return it to the ESL Center front desk.
ESL Tutor Job Description (doc.)
ESL Tutor Job Application and Schedule (doc.) - drop it off with the necessary documents to the Languages Department C-247, attention Freya Lin.
If you have any questions about the current need for tutors, contact Freya Lin at 626-585-3189, email@example.com