Foreign Language Assessment Process
- Credit by examination is not available anymore for foreign language classes.
- If a student took a foreign language in his/her high school, the student needs to bring an unofficial transcripts to Advisement Center Building L, Room L103.
- If a student has already had the knowledge of a foreign language, the student needs to be assessed by one of the contract faculty to be placed into the appropriate level instead of starting from the beginning level. Students have to contact the Languages Division at: (626) 585-3187 for more information.
- Credit Limitations in Foreign Language
- Students might not receive credit in elementary courses (semester 1 &2) of a foreign language offered at PCC if that language is the primary language in which they received their secondary education.
- If you are having problems registering for language classes through our automated (Internet) systems, please call the Languages Division at 626-585-3187 before classes start. We can place you in the proper level through our foreing language assessment process.