1. Individual Instruction
Who should audition?
- All new Individual Instruction students must take an audition to be admitted to the program.
- If you have taken and passed Music 8, 9 or 17 in the previous semester, you do not have to re-audition.
- Large ensemble auditions may be held before Individual Instruction auditions.
- Be sure to attend the first meeting of the large ensemble(s) in which you are interested.
- Acceptance in Individual Instruction does NOT guarantee a place in a large ensemble.
You must audition separately for all ensembles in which you are interested.
PCC offers a large number of performance ensembles that can vary from semester to semester. This information can be found in the Schedule of Classes.
Individual Instruction audition results are posted within 48 hours of the audition in the Music Lab. Ensemble audition results are posted by the director in the Music Lab as soon after the audition as possible.
Use the Individual Instruction Registration Form & Checklist, available from your Music 9 classroom teacher or in the Music Lab , to complete the registration process.
PCC offers a variety of technique classes for most instruments and voice. You may consider taking such a course to sharpen your skills before you re-audition.