Music Individual Instruction at PCC
Music 9 (A, B, C, D, E)
Pasadena City College provides a program (for the serious music student) that allows each student to obtain individualized instruction on their instrument or voice. The program involves the following mandatory components:
- Participation in Music 9, Individual Instruction, a weekly performance skills course. There are various class sections to choose from which are listed under Music 9 in the Schedule of Classes.
- Registration in two corequisite classes, including:
- A large performance ensemble, suitable for your instrument and style (classical or jazz).
- Music 10, Concert Music, where you attend a weekly professional concert performance.
- Nine hours of individual lessons per semester with a highly qualified professional musician.
- 5.5 hours of practice per week on campus in the music facilities.
- An end-of-semester jury before the performance faculty.
Prospective students who have reached a college level of proficiency, and who have time to devote to the program, are invited to audition. Please read the Audition Information and check the Schedule of Classes. for audition times.