The Grants Office suggests the following guidelines to determine if a grant opportunity is a good match for the college and for the proposed project:
- Are higher education institutions and non-profits listed as eligible applicants for this grant opportunity?
- Are previous projects that have received awards under this grant opportunity comparable in scope and purpose to the proposed project?
- Are the funding amounts consistent with the funds required to perform the project?
- Will the number of awards ensure a reasonable probability of success?
- Does the grant require sustainability? If so, is there a plan or potential to institutionalize the project when grant funding ends?
- Does the grant require matching funds? If so, are college resources available to meet this requirement?
- Does the grant require partnerships? If so, are relationships in place that could be leveraged to meet this requirement?
- Is there adequate time to write a quality proposal before the deadline?