Flea Market Scholarships
Each year the Flea Market gives away over $26,000 dollars in scholarships to PCC students with deomonstated skills in leadership or a history of volunteerism are encouraged to apply. Students will need a one page personal essay and two letters of recommendation. For questions stop by the Flea Market Office (CC105) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students interested in applying for the 2012-2013 Flea Market Scholarhsips should click on the following link, FMSCHL App Form Packet12 applications are due to the Office of Student Affairs (CC105) no later than April 2st at 4pm.
Flea Market Purpose
When the Pasadena City College Flea Market originated in the late 1970s, it was designed to benefit students through programmatic support and scholarships. To this day, the Market has maintained that designation and grown some.
Currently the Flea Market funds:
- Pep Squad
- Stipends for student government leaders
- Field trips and co-curriculars
- Flea Market scholarships in the sum of $30,000
- Capital support for campus renovations
Flea Market Student Vending and Employment
The Flea Market also supports students by employing a primarily student crew and office staff. If you are a student looking for employment opportunities, please contact the Flea Market Office for current openings.
Students interested in selling at the Flea Market may take advantage of Flea Market selling privileges. Individual students qualify by:
- having good academic standing and
- being currently enrolled in 9 units, or more, in the current semester.
- One to three students may add their units together to total and meet the 9 unit requirement.
Once this qualification is met, individual students may utilize one of the designated spaces. The discounted student selling rate is $30.00 per three car space.
Student Club Fundraising
Student organizations that are officially chartered at Pasadena City College qualify for one of the vending spaces designated for club use, on a first-come, first served basis. The discounted selling rate for student clubs is $10 per car space.
- Student Clubs must have a signed Activity Request for the Flea Market
- Student Clubs must bring proof that funds raised have been deposited with the Student Bank
This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required.
Download a free copy