The Graduation Fund at the PCC Foundation
In a show of support for Pasadena City College students during this sudden financial reduction, PCC President Mark Rocha has started the “Graduation Fund” at the PCC Foundation to provide immediate support for student success and completion by funding additional high demand classes needed by PCC students for graduation.
The Graduation Fund will begin with the following contributions:
- Dr. Rocha is donating one week’s worth of pay.
- All of the PCC Executive Committee members are making leadership gifts equivalent to two day’s pay.
- Trustee Mann has committed funds remaining from her campaign fund.
- All PCC managers and classified supervisors will be asked to consider a donation of one day’s pay.
- All faculty and staff will be asked to consider an appropriate donation.
- PCC will be closed during spring break, April 16-22. A savings in utilities and operating costs of approximately $25,000 will be added to the Graduation Fund.
There is no more business as usual and the PCC family must become creative in how we continue to support the success of all PCC students. Here are some possible ways you can help:
- Sponsor a Class for $250 per Student
- The State of California estimates that each community college class costs approximately $5,400. Divide that amount by 20 (a low enrollment class size).
- Donate an equivalent of one-day of pay to the Graduation Fund
- (To calculate your annualized hourly pay rate, divide your current annual salary by 2080 (the number of full-time work hours in a year) then multiply by 8.
- Join the President’s Circle by making an unrestricted gift of at least $1,000
- Gold Level ($5,000 or more)
- Silver Level ($2,500 - $4,999)
- Bronze level ($1,000-$2,499)
Join PCC faculty, staff and administration to ensure our students’ success by making a one-time gift by writing a check to:
The Pasadena City College Foundation
1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91106-2003
(please write in the memo section of your check: “Graduation Fund”)
You can make your gift online at http://www.pasadena.edu/give/
or complete a payroll deduction form today!
A payroll deduction can spread your donation over as long a period of time as you choose.
Your contribution is considered a charitable contribution and is tax deductible as allowed by law. The Pasadena City College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
Tax ID# 95-3434226.