The Campus Change Network will serve as a catalyst to all stakeholders of Pasadena City College, by strengthening ties, increasing awareness, and dialogue between all campus programs.
- Enrich campus communication and collaboration by providing strategic linkages to PCC's goals, strategic directives, and core values.
- Support PCC's mission statement by bringing the words to life in our daily interactions with students, colleagues and the community
- Improve economic conditions and quality of life of under served and underrepresented students
- Promote an organizational culture where student success drives improvements, change, and institutional practices.
- Actively investigate contemporary challenges and needs of today's students
- Create an evaluation rubric to measure CCN outcomes
- Campus Climate Group
- Goal: Create a welcoming environment where all feel valued and respected
- Establish program of encouraging faculty to spend 5 min. with each student
- Create "Safe Zone" for LGBT students
- Support the development of more Ethnic, Gender, LBGT courses and activities
- Increase outreach and inreach efforts to Native-American students, faculty, and staff.
- Hiring and Development Group
- Goal: Promote Equity in the hiring process; create a campus environment that nurtures professional growth and development for potential and existing PCC Employees.
Activities: Develop and participate in outreach opportunities to increase campus diversity. To include:
- In reach
- Leadership Development
- Student Equity and Success Group
- Goal: Increase awareness of the Student Equity Plan, develop and implement appropriate plans
- Develop the SEP summary
- Incorporate the student Equity Plan into the existing planning process
- Build connections between the SEP and ARCC measures
- Support the development of a mandatory orientation course with possible summer bridge program
- Alignment of Support Services Group
- Goal: Expand collaborations between instructional and student support programs
- Support the development of mandatory orientation course with possible summer bridge program
- Create a student Blog with mentors
- Create an online college road map and hardcopy format
- Create a checklist of student support resources
- Create a registration kiosk with a printer to print schedule of classes