Curricular Practical Training
Who May Apply
- F-1 International student who is in good status.
- Student taking a Clinical and Field Practice class listed in the
- Student has been officially accepted into the program.
- Student is referred by the department to the placement site.
Conditions of Work
- The class must be a requirement of the student’s major.
- Student will earn credit in their major field of study for participating
Although CPT is usually not done for pay, there is no regulation
that it cannot be.
How to Apply
Bring the following to International Student Center:
- Proof of class registration
- Letter from the department providing:
- The name or the placement site
- Dates of field practice
- How the practical training is related to the major
- Completed Application for Curricular Practical Training
- CPT is authorized by the International Student Center.
- If the student does not have a Social Security card, a letter
will be provided to the student to take to the local Social Security
office. Fieldwork CANNOT begin until the card is received.