LancerPoint is PCC's new administrative information system that integrates college business processes into a single point of access for students, staff and faculty. It includes student records, registration, financial aid, fiscal services and human resources.
The 18-month implementation of LancerPoint began on September 10, 2012 and ended in January 2014. It entailed new hardware and software, data migration, business process redesign, and training for staff and faculty.
LancerPoint development affects every area of the college and requires clear and open communication and participation from everyone.
|Project Begins||September 10, 2012|
|Test/Conversion/Training Environment||October 2012|
|Production Environment Complete||December 1, 2012|
|Student Person, General Student and Academic History and F/A Migrations||January 1, 2013|
|Begin Processing CCC Apply Admission Applications for Summer/Fall 2013||March 2013|
|Begin Processing Financial Aid for 2013||March 2013|
Self Service for Students and Faculty Go Live; Summer Registration Go Live;
|BRM (Retention & Comm) Go Live||June 2013|
|Finance Go Live; ODS for Finance Go Live; Financial Self Service Go Live;
Workflow Go Live; FLEX Reg Go Live
|LancerPoint Portal and Fall Registration Go Live||July 13, 2013|
|Travel and Expense Go Live; Payroll Go Live||November 2013|
|HR Go Live; ODS for HR Go Live; HR Self Service Go Live||January 1, 2014|
|Project Ends||January 31, 2014|
Release Date: 03/25/2013
Pasadena City College has announced the hiring of Mark Gutierrez as its new director of Enterprise Applications Services in the Information Technology Services Department for the college. In this capacity, Gutierrez will oversee the management and leadership of all Administrative Information System (AIS) – or “LancerPoint” – applications, including a new AIS solution encompassing all administrative, instructional, and student services operations of the college. He will begin in his capacity on April 1.
Release Date: 11/30/2012
The LancerPoint portal project is moving steadily along and will be entering the layout and content phase in mid-December. Design sessions are scheduled for Dec. 17 – Dec. 19 in the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) so that PCC students, faculty, and staff can provide input on what would be the most important and useful information when they log into LancerPoint.
Release Date: 11/14/2012
Administrative Information Systems (AIS)
Ø Implementation is well underway with multiple training/workshop facilities being established and upgraded as needed to facilitate an aggressive implementation;
- Projected Go-Live dates are as follows: Admission for Summer & Fall – 2/25/2013
ISIRS Financial Aid for 13/14 – 3/18/2013
Schedule for Summer 2013 in BANNER – 4/1/2013
Registration for Summer 2013 – 4/15/2013
DegreeWorks (Advisement for Fall 2013 – 5/27/2013
- Initial hardware and software needed to establish testing, development, and training were designed, acquired, received and installed within a 2 week period;
- Production hardware and software have been designed and currently in the process of being ordered (pending Board approvals);
- Concurrent workshops have been underway in Admissions/Registration, Student Services, Financial Aid, technical systems, Data Standards, and Legacy systems preparation for data migration;
- Web Redesign efforts have been well underway with the presentation of multiple content management software solutions concluding in the selection of the OmniUpdate CMS with contract terms and conditions being finalized pending Board approval;
- Conducted Name the AIS Project with concluding name as LANCERPOINT. Announcements with logo design currently under development by the Public Relations;
- Continued development, maintenance, and data cleanup of the Santa Rosa AIS platform.