Interim Assistant Library Dean Shatford Library Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (626)585-7833
University of California, San Diego and CSU San Marcos Joint Doctorate in Educational Leadership, expected 2014
University of California, Los Angeles
Masters in Library and Information Science, 2008 Masters in Latin American Studies, 2008
University of San Diego
Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies, 2002
- Chan, I., Ly, P., Meulemans, Y. (accepted for publication). Openfire: An open-source solution for chat reference and a library-wide instant messaging network. Information Technologies in Libraries.
- Ly, P. and Carr, A. (2012). Vignette 9: Getting out of the classroom. In Ed. J. Kaplowitz, Transforming information literacy instruction using learner-centered teaching. Neal-Shuman Publishers: New York.
- Meulemans, Y., Carr, A., & Ly, P. (2010). ‘From a distance: Robust reference service via instant messaging. Journal of Library and Information Services in Distance Learning. 4(1), 3-17. doi:10.1080/15332901003667231
- Carr, A., & Ly, P. (2009). ‘More than words’: Screencasting as a reference tool. Reference Services Review 37(4), 408-420. doi:10.1108/00907320911007010
- ‘Food for Fine$: A community building event,’ FEAST presenter for the 2012 ALA Annual Conference. June 21-26, 2012. Anaheim, CA.
- ‘Improve library security reporting with Google Forms,’ Lightning Round presenter for the 2012 California Academic and Research Libraries (CARL) Conference. April 5-7, 2012. San Diego, CA.
- ‘Textbook affordability: New roles for academic libraries,’ session presenter for 2012 California Academic and Research Libraries (CARL) Conference. April 5-7, 2012. San Diego, CA.
- ‘Leveraging student data to personalize your library web site,’ presentation for 2011 Library Information and Technology Association (LITA) National Forum with Ian Chan. September, 29, 2011. St. Louis, MO
- ‘The service formerly known as reference: A changing paradigm.’ Workshop presenter for the 2010 California Academic and Research Libraries (CARL) Conference with Yvonne Meulemans and Allison Carr. April 8-10, 2010. Sacramento, CA.
Selected Grants and Awards
- Pasadena City College Foundation Grant for Library Classroom Management Software (2012)
- North County Higher Education Alliance Grant for Library Chat Reference Workshop (2011)
- Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence - Highly Commended Paper “More than words: Screencasting as a reference tool” published in Reference Services Review (2010)
To learn more about Pearl, see her profile at ACRL's Member of the Week, published June 20, 2011.