This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required.
Download a free copy
Library Computer Labs
- Computer lab access is limited to current PCC students, faculty, and staff.
- No food, drinks, children or pets are allowed in the labs.
- No cell phone use is permitted in the computer labs.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted when using any library computer.
- Do not install or download software on the hard-drive.
- In order to retain lab privileges, all policies and procedures must be followed.
- You are bound by the PCC Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources policy when utilizing the computer lab, which requires that all users use the lab resources in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided.
- Please be courteous and respect others. Keep your voice down, observe your time limit, and do not view web sites that may be offensive to others.
Computer Lab Locations:
- First Floor:
- Small and Large Labs (LL100) - 70 computers: 60 minutes
- Research Zone - 48 computers: 60 minutes
- Second Floor:
- Computer Lab (behind the Reference Desk) - 8 quick look-up computers: 30 minutes
- Third floor:
- 11 computers at walk-up and desktop stations: 60 minutes
- To use a computer, walk up to an available computer and click the the word "Available"
- You will be prompted to enter your LancerPoint username and password. (Note: faculty and staff should use their IIN and network password.)
- Reservations cannot be made in advance.
- If you need a computer for longer than the alloted time, you can request an extension from the staff at the main desk. If no one is waiting for a computer, the computer will be renewed for additional time. Renewals are limited to 3 per day. Overall use is limited to four hours per day.
- Sometimes LL100 is closed for Library Orientation Classes. Check the schedule posted on the front window of the lab.
Saving your work:
- Make sure to save your work often.
- Save your work on a USB memory stick, or email your files to yourself. Lab stations do not have floppy disk drives or zip drives.
- Do not save work on the computer hard drive. The hard drive is erased as soon as you log off or the computer times out.
Printing your work:
- Print-outs are 10 cents per page.
- Lab print-outs go to the Computer Lab Print Pay-Stations on the 1st Floor and are identified by the number on the computer you were using.
- The Pay-Stations accept coins and 1- and 5-dollar bills. Change is available at the Computer Lab Service Desk.
- So that you do not disturb other people in the lab, wear headphones if you need to listen to something with sound. The computers are automatically set on mute.
Need help in the lab?
- Please see the Lab Technician on duty for assistance. The Lab assistant can answer basic questions to assist you, for example: how to save, print, or format a document. If you require a tutoring session on how to use computers or software, please inquire about tutoring in D104 at the Computer Learning Center.
Library lab software includes:
- Windows 7
- IE 10
- Mozilla Firefox 22.0
- Google Chrome 33.0
- MS Office 2013 (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, InfoPath and OneNote)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Reader XI Pro
- Power DVD DX
- QuickTime Player 7.7
- Windows Media Player
- Two terminals in LL100 are configured specifically for students with disabilities.