- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- Multi-disciplinary database provides full text for academic journals covering a variety of subject areas.
- America: History & Life with Full Text (EBSCO)
- Literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present.
- More than 300,000 digital images covering many time periods and cultures. Documents the fields of architecture, painting, sculpture, photography,
decorative arts, and design.
- Auto Repair Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Repair and maintenance information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles. Content may be limited for late model vehicles.
- Biography in Context (Gale)
- Biographical information about prominent people throughout history.
- Book Index with Reviews (EBSCO)
- Comprehensive information on over 5 million book titles, in a wide range of formats. Includes book reviews from Library Journal, School Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, Booklist and others.
- Business Source Elite (EBSCO)
- Full-text coverage of scholarly business, management and economics journals. This rich collection also includes publications covering topics such as accounting, banking, finance, international business, marketing, sales, etc.
- Classical Music Library
- Classical Music Library is the world's largest multi-label database of Classical music recordings for libraries. It consists of over 50,000 tracks for listening and searching and is supplemented by extensive reference materials.
- Consumer Health Complete (EBSCO)
- Comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. Provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. In addition, Consumer Health Complete includes the Clinical Reference System and the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which provides access to up-to-date, concise and clinically relevant drug monographs.
- Political, business, and economic information and news about every country in the world. Includes periodical articles and statistics.
- CQ Researcher
- Articles covering controversial issues with summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more. (coverage since 1991)
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- E-books from a broad range of subject areas and topics.
- Search a wide variety of databases.
- Education Sources (EBSCO)
- Combines ERIC, Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA), and Professional Development Collection.
Films on Demand
7,000 full length programs and 62,500 video segments on a wide variety of educational subjects. Most closed captioned.
- Funk & Wagnall New World Encyclopedia (EBSCO)
- Over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
Gale Literary Databases
Covers Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism, and Dictionary of Literary Biography.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
Large collection of e-reference books covering general and specialized subject areas.
- A freely accessible research database focusing on the relationship between human beings and the environment. Provides approximately 295,000 citations from open access scholarly and general interest titles, as well as government documents and reports. Full text available for more than 4,600 records.
- Health & Medicine Databases (EBSCO)
- Includes Consumer Health Complete, Health Source: Consumer Edition, Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, and MEDLINE. Covers medical sciences, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, nutrition, health, and wellness. Includes Lexi-PAL Drug Guide.
- A repository of embeddable video clips streamed on demand. You can select from a variety of video collections in core curriculum subjects including the Biological Sciences, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Environmental Studies, Oceanography, Sociology and more.
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences is a full text database focused on the arts and humanities. It includes titles from language, literature, music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, and the history and study of art and architecture. PCC has access to JSTOR's Arts & Sciences I, II, III, V, VII, and XI collections.
- Literature Resource Center (Gale)
- Criticism and biographies of more than 120,000 authors.
- MAS Ultra (EBSCO)
- High school magazines, full text reference books, biographies, primary source documents, and an Image Collection of photos, maps & flags. Includes reading level indicators (Lexiles).
- National Newspapers Core (Proquest)
- Covers the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Christian Science Monitor.
- News Sources (EBSCO)
- Combines Business Source Elite, Military & Government Collection, Newspaper Source Plus, and Regional Business News.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (Gale)
- Articles about social issues. Includes opinion articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, and full-text periodical articles from magazines and newspapers.
- Oxford Art Online
- Reference resource for all aspects of the visual arts from prehistory to the 1990s.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED) - Online
- The OED is the accepted authority on the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words in the English language, both present and past.
- Oxford Music Online
- Reference resource for all aspects of music.
- PCC Library Catalog
- Find books and media in the PCC Shatford Library.
- Popular Magazines (EBSCO)
- Combines MAS Ultra - School Edition, MasterFILE Premier, and Primary Search.
- Primary Search (EBSCO)
- Popular magazines with reading level indicators (Lexiles).
- Project Muse
- Full text scholarly journal articles covering the humanities, and social sciences.
- PsycArticles (EBSCO)
- Full text articles on current issues in psychology. The database covers general psychology and specialized, basic, applied, clinical and theoretical research in psychology.
- Psychology Databases (EBSCO)
- A combination of PsycArticles and Psychology& Behavioral Sciences Collection covering information on emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry, psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection (EBSCO)
- World religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
- Safari Tech Books
- E-books for Information Technology.
- Salem Health
- Health and Medical Information from Magill's Medical Guide.
- Salem History
- Information from the Milestone Documents Series, the Great Events from History Series, and other Salem reference books.
- Salem Literature
- Information on books from Masterplots.
- Salem Science
- Provides reference articles from The Encyclopedia of Energy; Earth Science: Earth's Weather, Water, and Atmosphere; Earth Science: Earth's Surface and History; and Earth Science: Physics and Chemistry of the Earth.
- Science Full Text Select
- Full text science database that covers approximately 320 journals in a broad range of science topics. Includes scholarly journal articles.
- Science Online NEW!
- Full text resource covering publications from AAAS, including Science, a premier global science weekly. Full text issues back to 1997.
- SIRS Knowledge Source
- Articles from popular magazines, newspapers and U.S. government publications.
- Springer Ebooks NEW!
- Fully downloadable eBook collection. Includes over 4,600 books published in 2012, with critical content in science, technology, engineering, math, and other disciplines.
- U.S. History in Context (Gale)
- Covers themes, events, individuals and periods in U.S. history from pre-Colonial times to the present. Includes historical (primary) documents, reference articles, journal citations and full-text journal articles.
- Online legal research tool for paralegal students. Passwords are issued by the Paralegal Program Director.
- World Book Web
- Includes the full encyclopedia plus reference resources, special reports and articles from World Book Student, Academic World Book, World Book Discover and Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos.
- Search for books in other libraries. Worldcat is the world's largest database of library catalogs from thousands of member libraries.
- Not sure which database to use?
- Ask the Reference Librarian for assistance.
- Need help citing your sources?
- Take a look our Citing Sources page.
- Want to find a particular magazine, newspaper, or journal?
- Search the Periodical Title
List to find out if the library has a particular magazine, newspaper,
or journal title.