Laptop Check-Out Guidelines
The following policies govern the circulation of the laptop computers, and should be read and thoroughly understood prior to checking out a laptop.
- Laptops can be checked out only by PCC students with valid LancerCard ID.
- Before a laptop can be checked out, a Laptop Borrower's Agreement must be completed and signed. The Agreement will be kept on file for the academic year.
- Laptops are for school related projects/research only.
- Laptops are available at the Computer Lab Service Desk on the 1st Floor.
Time Limits & Availability:
- Laptops are to be used in the PCC Library only.
- Laptops can be checked out for 2 hours.
- Laptops can be renewed one time if at least 1 additional laptop is available.
- Laptops must be returned to the Computer Lab Desk 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Laptops will be available on a first come, first serve basis. They cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- If you have more than $5.00 in outstanding library fines/fees, you may not borrow a laptop.
- One (1) laptop per student only.
Fines & Liability:
- Overdue fines are 20 cents per minute/$12 per hour.
- Replacement cost of a lost or stolen laptop computer will be no less than $1,000 plus the accrued overdue fine(s) and $10 processing charge. Maximum overdue fine is the cost of the laptop.
- Students with outstanding laptop fines or fees will incur a hold on their college student record.
- You will be charged if you tamper with security seals on the laptop.
- People who borrow laptops will have to sign the following liability statement that is included on the Laptop Borrower's Agreement.
"I agree to pay all costs associated with damage to this laptop computer or its associated peripheral equipment or its replacement costs should it be lost or stolen. I understand that the replacement cost for this laptop computer will be no less than $1,000 plus a $10 processing charge."