This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required.
Download a free copy
Library Support Staff Certification
Registration Assistance Award available
Are you a graduate of PCC's Library Technology Program?
Do you anticipate completing the program by Fall 2013?
Consider applying for the Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC). Registration Awards are available until June 30, 2013.
The Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC) Program is a national certification program that allows library support staff to demonstrate their competencies and be certified by the American Library Association.
PCC's Library Technology Certificate courses are now approved by the American Library Association-Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA). In January 2012, the American Library Association-Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA) completed an agreement with the Pasadena City College (PCC) Library Technology Certificate Program.
This agreement allows PCC graduates to apply for the Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC) without having to complete additional courses or portfolios.
"Library Support Staff Certificatio (LSSC) program recognizes Pasadena City College Graduates" Press Release: American Libraries -ALA News 2/7/12
Apply for the Library Support Staff Certification
- Visit the LSSC website for more information on the certification, competency skills sets, eligibility requirements and the online application:
- Eligibility: High school diploma or GED and one year library experience, paid or unpaid (1820 hours collectively over five years)
- Certification Requirement: Completion of PCC’s Library Technology Certificate of Achievement or other approved coursework and/or submit portfolio documenting achievement of six LSSC competency sets.
- Enrollment: Apply at: http://ala-apa.org/lssc/
- Cost: $350 ($325 if ALA member) See below for financial assistance opportunity
- View the free Webinar on the LSSC certification. schedule and archived presentations: http://ala-apa.org/lssc/webinars-and-presentations)
- contact:Ian Lashbrook - email@example.com ALA-APA 800.545.2433 ext 2424
LSSC Registration Assistance Award
Along with this agreement, PCC can award up to 10 Registration Assistance scholarships to eligible graduates (2009-2013). Registration Assistance Awardees will receive a $175 credit toward the $350 fee for the LSSC Library Technology Certificate.
Complete the following online application to apply for a Registration Assistance Award. Application deadline: June 30, 2013
Note: if more than 10 eligible applications are received, registration assistance awards will be awarded by lottery. Awardes will receive a $175.00 award toward the $350.00 certification cost of the LSSC Library Technology Certificate.
Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail the program coordinator for assistance:
Krista Goguen (626 585-7832) firstname.lastname@example.org