This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required.
Download a free copy
Library Policies and Mission
- Student Conduct and Food/Drink & Smoking Policy
- Lost & Found Policy
- Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials
Shatford Library Mission Statement
Shatford Library is committed to providing quality services and resources for Pasadena City College's diverse community and residents of the Pasadena Area Community College District.
The librarians and library staff strive to:
- Provide quality information resources that support the academic curriculum;
- Provide prompt, unbiased, and knowledgeable responses to requests for assistance, placing student, faculty and staff information needs above other library and campus responsibilities;
- Encourage and facilitate information competency, critical thinking, intellectual independence, and lifelong learning skills in students and other library users;
- Provide quality instructional services and programs that promote the use of information resources;
- Explore innovative information technologies in support of education and learning;
- Promote Shatford Library as the focal point of quality information resources, regardless of format;
- Provide professionally qualified librarians and a skilled technical staff that support the college and the curriculum;
- Provide a comfortable and safe learning environment for all library users;
- Administer fair and objective service policies;
- Provide assistance and access to collections and services to persons with special needs;
- Preserve historical documents and archives that relate to the college’s history;
- Protect each individual's right to privacy with respect to information requested and materials consulted.
Revised May 18, 2011