Group Study Rooms
The Shatford Library Group Study and Hertiage Rooms are designed to provide a space for students to work on collaborative projects.
Group Study Room Policies:
- Rooms can be reserved online for up to 2 hours and up to a week in advance. Unreserved study rooms are considered "first come, first served." The library reserves the right to cancel or change reservations as needed.
- Individual users may use these rooms, but may be asked by library staff to relinquish the room to students who need to study together.
- Please do not move furniture in or out of the room.
- Limited food and drink allowed in rooms without a computer. See Food and Drink Policy.
- Be aware that loud voices can be easily heard through the walls.
- PCC faculty and staff may reserve a study room to conduct college business through the online system or by contacting Dorothy Potter / (626) 585-7846.
The Library also has three Heritage Rooms on the main floor for group study and computer use. The rooms serve as a venue for special art collections and displays representing their respective cultures. They are open to all students regardless of race, ethnicity or culture and follow the same study room policies listed above. The Heritage Rooms, as well as many of the other study rooms in the building, were constructed with monies donated from community members when the Library was built in 1993. Names of donors are displayed in each room.