This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required.
Download a free copy
The Library offers free wireless internet to all library users.
To access the wireless network you will need:
- A laptop computer (or other wireless-enabled device) that is configured to access wireless.
- A wireless network interface card compatible with the Wi-Fi standard (The Library supports IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11n)
How do I connect to the wireless network?
- Turn on your laptop or wireless-enabled device.
- Connect to the PCC_Campus wireless network
- Open a browser, such as Internet Explorer or Safari.
- You are now connected!
- NOTE - Macintosh Airport connection: If you already have an established Airport connection, the Airport may not properly establish a DHCP IP for PCC_Campus. To correct this:
- turn Airport off
- open Systems Preferences and choose Network
- click on Airport from the list and make sure the top drop downs say Location: Automatic and Show: Airport
- making sure the Airport tab is selected, "you will see preferred network list with "PCC_Campus" or "PCC WiFi." Select it and click on the minus (-) sign below the box to remove it from the preferred networks list
- click on the second of tab called "TCP/IP" and make sure "Configure IPv4:" says "Using DHCP." Then press "Apply Now"
- go to the Airport icon & menu at the top right of the screen and "Turn Airport On". Wait 5 - 10 seconds and go to the same Airport menu and select PCC_Campus
- For detailed instructions with screenshots see the Macintosh Ariport step by step pdf.
- Do not disturb other people in the Library. Wear headphones or turn off (mute) the volume on your laptop.
- Wireless printing is currently not available via the Library's wireless network.
- You can use any available power outlet to plug in your laptop.
- Please do not unplug any Library equipment to access a power outlet..
- Many outlets can be found on the floor covered by a brass faceplate.
- Most of 3rd floor study carrels on the north side of the Library (bay window) are wired with power outlets.
Using a Network Cable
- The Library does not have cabled access to the Internet for laptop computers.
- Please do not unplug any Library equipment to access a network line.
The Library staff is not trained to troubleshoot your wireless device—if you want to use this service, you are expected to be familiar with your own equipment. Please refer to the owner's manual or other support services offered by your laptop manufacturer for additional help.
PCC will not be responsible for any information that is compromised, or for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to electrical surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
All wireless Internet users should have up-to-date virus protection.
All users are bound by the PCCAcceptable Use of Electronic Resources policy when utilizing the wireless network.
Users are expected to use the wireless network in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided. You are subject to the normal requirements of legal and ethical behavior within the college community even though you are using a personal computer. Failure to comply with PCC policies and regulations will be handled in accordance with the College's disciplinary policy.