This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required.
Download a free copy
The Library offers free wireless internet to all library users.
How do I connect to the wireless network?
- Turn on your laptop or wireless-enabled device.
- Connect to the PCC_Campus wireless network
- Open a browser, such as Internet Explorer or Safari.
- You are now connected!
- NOTE - Macintosh Airport connection: If you already have an established Airport connection, the Airport may not properly establish a DHCP IP for PCC_Campus. To correct this:
- turn Airport off
- open Systems Preferences and choose Network
- click on Airport from the list and make sure the top drop downs say Location: Automatic and Show: Airport
- making sure the Airport tab is selected, "you will see preferred network list with "PCC_Campus" or "PCC WiFi." Select it and click on the minus (-) sign below the box to remove it from the preferred networks list
- click on the second of tab called "TCP/IP" and make sure "Configure IPv4:" says "Using DHCP." Then press "Apply Now"
- go to the Airport icon & menu at the top right of the screen and "Turn Airport On". Wait 5 - 10 seconds and go to the same Airport menu and select PCC_Campus
- For detailed instructions with screenshots see the Macintosh Ariport step by step pdf
- Wireless printing is currently not available via the Library's wireless network.
PCC will not be responsible for any information that is compromised, or for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to electrical surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
All wireless Internet users should have up-to-date virus protection.
All users are bound by the PCCAcceptable Use of Electronic Resources policy when utilizing the wireless network.
Users are expected to use the wireless network in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided. You are subject to the normal requirements of legal and ethical behavior within the college community even though you are using a personal computer. Failure to comply with PCC policies and regulations will be handled in accordance with the College's disciplinary policy.