The PCC Foundation Presents
The Third Annual Million Meals Marathon Food DriveNov. 21-22, 2015
The Million Meals Marathon Food Drive is a 24-hour event benefiting people in need and their pets. All collected food will be donated to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank and the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA. In addition to serving all of Los Angeles County, the LA Food Bank gives directly to over 15 food pantries in Pasadena and surrounding communities.
The food drive kicks-off at 11AM on Saturday, November 21 and ends at 11 AM on Sunday, November 22. It will be held in Lot #1 (the Hill Ave. entrance) at PCC.
Free Benefit Concert
On Saturday, November 21 at 5 p.m., the Million Meals Marathon Food Drive Free Benefit Concert kicks-off. This year’s concert features two of the world’s greatest cover bands. It’s going to be a Beautiful Day as the internationally-renown U2 tribute band, L.A.vation, returns to the PCC Quad With or Without You to perform another unforgettable set. Also making their first appearance on the campus of PCC, cover band behemoth DSB, the ultimate Journey tribute band, will be waiting Faithfully and with Open Arms. Performances from Malik The Freq of the reggae band the Lions and indie pop synth group Crystal Twin will round out the benefit concert. Although admission is free, a suggested donation of non-perishable food is requested.
A drawing for fantastic prizes, including an electric guitar, will be held at the event! Just donate a food item and you’ll receive a raffle ticket. Winners will be announced at the free benefit concert.
4 Ways You Can Make a Difference in Beating Hunger
You may not realize that nearly 957,000 people in Los Angeles County and our local communities are food insecure and hungry. And it’s not just the elderly, disabled, homeless or children who are impacted.
Did you know…
- More than 30% of adults seeking food assistance are currently employed
- 30% have had to choose between paying for food and paying for rent or a mortgage
- 28% have had to choose between paying for food and paying for medical care
- Pets are abandoned or given to shelters because their families can no longer afford to feed them
Here are 4 things you can do to make a difference in combating hunger:
- Make an in-person contribution of non-perishable foods, pet food, or a monetary donation.
- Make a donation at one of our off-campus partner drop-off locations:
- Volunteer to help during the 24-hour marathon by signing-up here. A link to our sign-up form will be posted here soon.
- Spread the word by following us on Facebook or on Twitter and Instagram @ MMMFoodDrive
Make a Dent in Community Hunger
This year’s Million Meals Marathon Food Drive will feature on-site demonstrations, live music, and giveaways. The goal is to collect more than 2,000 pounds of non-perishable food, which will help stock the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank and the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA for two to three months.
All donations are tax deductible.
The Million Meals Marathon Food Drive would like to thank the following sponsors for generous their support:
Listen to the 100.3 The Sound interview of PCC's Barbara Freund about the upcoming event.
For more information call 626-585-7065.