News: Information Technology Fall Semester Update
Administrative Information Systems (AIS), Technology Planning Process, ‘SMART 18’ Initiative, Information Technology Services (ITS) Division
Administrative Information Systems (AIS)
- Organized the AIS selection process and continue communicating college-wide;
- Implemented business process mapping and improvement process;
- Organized the AIS Steering Committee, conducted multiple meetings, and are reviewing the first draft of the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) / Proposal (RFP) which is still on schedule to be released prior to the holiday break;
- Working closely with all administrative departments to repair all appropriate components of the existing Santa Rosa AIS, clean up data, and improve processes.
Technology Planning Process
- Conducted kick-off meeting of the College Council Technology and Academic Computing Committee;
- Proposed establishing the Learning Technology Advisory Committee to help identify and address technology issues associated with the teaching/learning process including recommending ‘Smart’ classroom standards, faculty and student computing requirements, lab support resources, and other similar issues;
- Proposed establishing the Administrative Technology Advisory Committee which will play an integral part in the implementation and maintenance of the new AIS as well as help assist with integration of other technology that will interface with the AIS;
‘SMART 18’ Initiative
Introduced this 3-part technology initiative which includes the following:
- Transform ALL PCC classrooms into ‘smart’ classrooms including those at the CEC within 18 months (by June 30, 2013);
- Equip all full-time faculty with laptop docking stations. Where desktops currently exists, replacing with laptops and docking stations enabling faculty mobility;
- Develop a laptop loaner program to appropriately enable adjunct faculty to fully utilize classroom and networked resources.
Information Technology Services (ITS) Division
- Completed assessment of ITS division defining gap issues based upon institutional priorities;
- Defined staffing priorities;
- Conducted division-wide operational and technology planning session.
Release Date: 12/15/2011
Contact: Dwayne Cable , Vice President
Phone: (626) 585-7725