Welcome to Pasadena City College!Get Started Here
The Student Success Act (SB 1456) requires all first-time college students to complete Orientation, Assessment and an Educational Plan in order to receive priority registration. Some students may be exempt from one or more of these requirements. Please visit the Exemption Section on this website for further information.
The placement exams provide information on where students should begin their coursework. http://www.pasadena.edu/placement
Pre-Assessment Workshop and Study Session (PAWS) are available to assist with preparing for the exams http://www.pasadena.edu/studentservices/lac/paws.cfm.
Visit the Counseling Office to register for a session at the L-104 counter. In the new student group you will:
- Learn about selecting the right courses to achieve your goal!
- Begin your educational plan!
- Connect with services on campus to support your success!
- Learn the steps required to maintain your registration priority!
Exemptions from the Orientation, Educational Plan and Assessment requirements are available for students that meet any of the criteria listed below. Please be advised that in some cases this could affect your ability to receive financial aid (See Items with * Symbol below). Complete and submit the Exemption Form (documentation is required). If you have further questions please call the Prerequisite Clearance Office at 626-585-7951.
- Have an Associate degree or higher from a U.S college
- Have completed English, Reading, and Math classes (and passed with a "C" or better) at another college
- Took the Early Assessment Program Exam (EAP) within the last year and was identified as college ready in English and Math. Conditional status is not accepted. Students are not exempt from the Orientation requirement. Complete the online orientation at www.pasadena.edu/orientation.
- Took the ACCUPLACER exam at another college within the last year with the required sections taken. Visit www.pasadena.edu/placement for required section information and look under Exam Exemptions. Students are not exempt from the Orientation requirement. Complete the online orientation at www.pasadena.edu/orientation.
- Are Deployed
- I am attending PCC to advance in my current job/career (update job skills).*
- I am attending PCC for educational development (personal enrichment).*
- I am attending PCC for an activity or performance class only (i.e., P.E., Drama, Chorus).*