Pi Day Student Conference Poster Assignment for Spring 2014
\As a way to showcase your hard work this semester, you will present a poster based on your research at the Pi Day Student Conference, on Tuesday, April 15, 2014. The conference will begin at 9:00am and will end at 4:30pm. Our class will be presenting posters during the________________ session time, but you are welcome to attend during the other sessions to learn about the research done by your peers. Additionally, there may be a speaker and a panel of experts from 4:30 - 6:00 pm discussing topics related to mathematics applications.
You will work in groups of 2 - 5 people to create a poster showcasing your research on a topic related to your mathematics or science course. It is recommended that each poster include the following components:
- Project topic: Any topic related to Math and life
- Principles applied to the topic
- Short demonstration or description in words
- Geometric interpretation if appropriate
- Other applications (optional)
Please include each member’s full name and contact information (email address and/or phone number) on the back of the poster.
Every participating student will get a certificate.
Getting one raffle ticket for each submitted poster and having a chance to win an iPad Mini
Attending T-Shirt Design Contest to Win a Gift Certificate up to $100
- Theme for Pi Day T-Shirt 2014: “Yes, I can do Math!”
- Deadline: March 19, 2014.
Pi-Day Student Conference Timeline for Spring Semester
- 2/21-3/7: Form student groups & explore topics. Register on Canvas. (canvas.pasadena.edu/courses/874981)
- 2/28-3/14 : First draft due (A half page summary of each group's project will be submitted to Canvas. Your progress of the poster will be checked by your instructor.)
- 3/05-3/21: Pick up blank poster boards from Pi Club.
- 3/24-3/28: Complete the posters, media posters or projects & Submit e-posters or pictures on Canvas.
- 3/31-4/4: Presentation in your own class
- 4/7-4/9: Collecting posters.
- 4/15: Pi-Day Student Conference.