This is a "For Students, By Students" event. The goal is to promote the ownership of your math learning, to encourage you to talk about mathematics, to share your joy of learning mathematics, to develop better attitudes and mindsets needed to learn mathematics, to discover ways of overcoming difficulties or anxiety in learning mathematics, to connect mathematics with real-life applications, and to celebrate and share your victories in understanding math concepts.
Every participating student will get a certificate.
All partcipating students and instructors will join a raffle ticket prize drawing!
Getting one raffle ticket for each submitted poster and having a chance to win an iPad Mini
Attending T-Shirt Design Contest to Win a Gift Certificate up to $100
Pi-Day Student Conference Timeline:
- 2/21-3/7: Form student groups & explore topics. Register on Canvas. (https://canvas.pasadena.edu/courses/874981)
- 2/28-3/14: First draft due (A half page summary of each group’s project will be submitted to Canvas. Your progress of the poster will be checked by your instructor.)
- 3/05-3/28: Pick up blank poster boards from Pi Club. Instructors, please send E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3/24-4/4: Complete the posters, media posters or projects & Submit e-posters or pictures on Canvas
- 3/31-4/4: Presentation in your own class
- 4/7-4/9: Collecting posters.
- 4/15: Pi-Day Student Conference.
For Ideas and Topics Please Visit: