Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, November 22, 2013 SERP Information Packets distributed
- Monday, January 13, 2014 SERP Enrollment Deadline
- June 30, 2014 Effective Date of PCC Resignation for those Participating in SERP
- July 1, 2014 Effective Date of Retirement from PERS/STRS
On November 20, 2013, the Board of Trustees voted to accept the recommendation to adopt the Public Agency Retirement Services' (PARS) SERP. As such, all eligible employees who voluntarily exercise their option to separate from District service on June 30, 2014, may participate in the SERP.
Eligible Employee Groups
- Instructional Services Support Unit - California Federation of Teachers (ISSU-CFT)
- California School Employees' Association - Chapter 777
- Police Officers' Association (POA)
- PCC Management Association
- PCC Confidential Employees
- Be employed by PCC as of January 13, 2014;
- Have at least five (5) years of full-time equivalent years of College service immediately prior to retirement as of June 30, 2014;
- Be at least fifty-five (55) years of age as of June 30, 2014;
- Have resigned from PCC employment effective June 30, 2014; and,
- Have retired under STRS/PERS effective July 1, 2014.
- Submission of required PARS enrollment materials and PCC Letter of Resignation to PARS office no later January 13, 2014;
- Resignation from PCC employment effective June 30, 2014; and,
- Retirement from STRS/PERS effective July 1, 2014.
In an effort to ensure eligible employees are able to make informed decisions about their retirement options, a series of information sessions has been scheduled. If you are considering retirement, please plan upon attending, as these sessions are intended to provide you with data that will be helpful in your decision-making process. Specific topics that will be discussed include the plan, enrollment materials and enrollment procedures. You should feel free to bring spouses, domestics partners, significant others and/or financial advisors. Also, the sessions are currently scheduled for the following dates:
PARS Group Employee Orientations - Overview of SERP ProcessTuesday, December 3, 2013 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Creveling
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Creveling
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Circadian
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Circadian
PARS Workshop - Individual Employee SERP Application Process and Personal ImplicationsTuesday, January 7, 2014 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Circadian
Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Circadian
PERS Workshops - Retirement Application Process and SERP ImplicationsTuesday, December 10, 2013 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Circadian
Schools First Federal Credit Union Workshop - Retirement Savings Account Implications for 403(b) and 457Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. C-225
STRS Workshop - Retirement Application Process and SERP ImplicationsTuesday, January 28, 2014 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Circadian
In closing, please remember that in order to enroll in the plan and receive benefits through the SERP, your duly authorized representatives must have reached agreement with PCC. You must meet all Eligibility and Participation requirements outlined on page one of this document. Finally, you must submit you enrollment documents to PARS by the enrollment deadline of January 13, 2014. Please note: Participation is automatically locked in at the close of the enrollment window and resignations may not be rescinded.