Configuring Outlook for the PCC Network
- Find Outlook in the Start Menu under Programs/Microsoft Office/Microsoft
- Launch Outlook and set it up for your use by going to the Tools menu
and bringing up the Accounts dialog box.
- In the Accounts dialog box select the PCC Internet Mail account that
has already been set up. Select the account and use the Properties button
on the right.
- In the PCC-Mail Internet Mail Properties dialog box, enter your name
and email address in the Name, E-mail Address, and Reply fields. The
Organization text field is already filled in properly. Leave the "Include
this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" box checked.
Assuming that your name is John Xavier Foo, when you are done the dialog
box will look like this:
- Select the Servers tab at the top of that dialog box and enter your
email account name and password. Leave the incoming and outgoing server
information alone. Assuming that your email name is email@example.com,
your email Account name is jxfoo. For the Password field, use your network
password. The password is privacy protected as you type it in, appearing
as a series of x’s.
If you wish, you may choose to check off the Remember Password box.
If your computer is accessible by others you may wish not to use that
option, forcing Outlook to prompt you for your password each time.
- When done with the PCC-Mail Internet Mail Properties dialog box, click
the Apply button at the bottom right. Use the OK button to dismiss the
PCC-Mail Internet Mail Properties dialog box and use the Close button
to dismiss the Accounts dialog box.
That’s all there is to it. You have now successfully set up Outlook
to send and receive Internet email. Use the Send/Receive button in the
Taskbar to get your mail.