Getting Started - Craete a Login Account for the PCC Portal
Each faculty, staff and manager that has a network ID can be set up with a login for the
new www.pasadena.edu content management system portal. There are many features to help you publish material for your course, department or to add news or events on the
web site, and you can now do this from any browser, on campus or off.
Select Staff Services on the main navigation bar of the web site.
Simply follow this link to the portal and you
will be able to login.
New User to Portal?
1. Click on the New Account link, if you have never used the Portal, you need to set up a New Account
2. You will be asked to complete information to set up your Portal account.
- You will need to have your network login (which is also usually the same as your email account name without the @pasadena.edu or usually first initial, middle initial, last name).
Note: If you don't have a network login you will need to get one from MIS in C145
- Staff ID: your faculty or staff ID card, the last eight numbers, NOT your Social Security number.
Note: If you are a new hire and not in the Human Resources database yet, you may get a message that your information was not found. The system will then prompt you fill in information and will send it to the Web Producer who will followup with you up once you are in the system.
3. Once your network ID is checked, the set up will ask for your info.
- Password of your choice. Repeat it to confirm you typed it as intended.
- Security Question and Answer: Pick from the list of questions, one that you will easily be able to supply the answer to later if you ever forget the password and you need to have it reissued. Carefully type your answer. It is case sensitive. If you use capitals, you must enter it the same later.
- Email: You are providing the email address that you want your password sent to right now and later, if you forget it.
- Return to the login and this time enter your username and the password you chose in the previous step.
- When you get to the main page of the Portal content managemen system, you might want to check your information as recorded in the HRS database which is displayed in a box on the left.
- The information used in the directories is created
from the information maintained by Human Resources. If it is not correct,
please email to HR, using the link provided, the corrected
info. It may take a few weeks for this to be reflected on the website.
HR information is updated and delivered to the website approximately every two weeks.
- Now you are ready to add an event to PCC calendar of events on the web, add or update your faculty conference hours, and use many other features to add content to the PCC website! Choose from the navigation above for more tutorials on how to update content on the PCC website.