Welcome, Contact Us
Room: D 209
|Mon - Fri||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Location: D209||Closed from 12-1 pm|
Disabled Student Programs and Services provides educational support services and reasonable accommodations for students with verified disabilities who are enrolled in courses at PCC.
ACCESS TO SUCCESS
Transition for High School Seniors with Disabilities
Welcome to Pasadena City College! The DSPS Program has created these steps, Access to Success, at Pasadena City College designed especially for graduating high school seniors with disabilities. We are looking forward to assisting you during your Pasadena City College journey. To begin your journey we have posted all of the necessary enrollment documents on this website Please follow the CHECKLIST carefully. Be sure to complete ALL of the required documentation.
All first-time college students are required to complete Orientation, Assessment and an Educational Plan in order to receive priority registration. Some students may be exempt from one or more of these requirements. Please see the Exemption Section on the Orientation Page. You may have already completed some of these steps at your high school.
DSPS has limited appointments, therefore, it may not be possible for all incoming students to receive individual accommodations and counseling appointments prior to the start of fall 2015. Appointments will be made for students in the order that documents are received. Once you have turned in all completed documentation, you will be contacted by our front desk staff for an Intake Appointment. Students completing all of the steps will be given the first registration dates for the fall 2015 semester.
Please complete ALL documentation and return to:
Pasadena City College DSPS D-209
1570 E. Colorado Blvd
Pasadena CA 91106-2003
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00 (closed 12:00-1:00)
Please submit your packets by: May 25th
Packets received after this date will be processed and given the next available registration dates.
If you have any questions regarding these steps, please contact the DSPS Office at 626-585-7127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any technical problems accessing this information, please contact us. Coming to college is a big step and an exciting time. We look forward to partnering with you to ensure a successful college experience.
The DSPS Staff at PCC
Please use this checklist to ensure that you have turned in all items necessary for your application to Pasadena City College, Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS).
APPLY TO THE COLLEGE
- Application to Pasadena City College online at www.pasadena.edu/apply. You will receive an email response after you submit your application. You will receive your Student Identification Number within 24 hours of completing your online application. Use your Student Identification Number to activate your Lancerpoint Account where you will be able to look up important information.
GET STARTED HERE:
- Complete the Online New Student Orientation. The entire orientation must be completed, including the quiz at the end.
- Take the ACCUPLACER English or ESL and Math Placement Exams. Students should review the Test Preparation information before taking the exam to become familiar with the exam format. You can attend a PAWS (Pre-Assessment workshop and study session) to help you prepare for the exams.
- Attend a Group Counseling Session to Create an Educational Plan.
APPLY to DSPS
The packet can be found online at http://www.pasadena.edu/studentservices/DSPS/
Submission Date: May 25th (Completed packets submitted by this date will be given the earliest registration dates).
- DSPS Application for Services
- Permission to Release Information to Pasadena City College
- High School Transcripts
- Psycho-Educational Report - most recent
- IEP /504 Plan/Speech Language Report (whichever is applicable)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I apply to Pasadena City College and obtain a Student ID Number?
The online Pasadena City College application can be found at www.pasadena.edu/. You will be applying for the Fall 2015 semester, in order to begin the Access to Success process prior to the fall semester. You will receive your student ID number via email within 24 hours of completing your online application.
- How will I get information from the college?
Be sure to look at your new student go.pasadena.edu email account for any important student/campus news.
- How do I apply for Financial Aid?
The 2015-2016 financial aid application year begins January 1, 2015 and ends June 30, 2016. So now is the time to submit the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the federal processor. You can apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. To ensure that we receive your FAFSA information, make sure that you select Pasadena City College. The Pasadena City College Federal school code is 001261.
- Where can I find more information about PCC?
Go to www.pasadena.edu/ and have fun exploring the website.
- Where can I find the Access to Success information and packet documentation?
You can find all information and documentation relating to Access to Success on our DSPS website at http://www.pasadena.edu/studentservices/DSPS/
- What happens if I miss these important dates?
You will not be guaranteed DSPS Registration on the first day for the fall semester and your packet and all subsequent appointments will be addressed and scheduled in the order it is received.
- The Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) has said that they will help pay for my college expenses. What should I do to make sure this happens? In June or early July, right after you identify what classes you plan to take, give your DOR Counselor detailed information about your classes. DOR will send an authorization for registration to PCC for processing.