skip to main content
How to Succeed in College
- Go to every class meeting, listen to the instructor and take notes.
- Do the class assignments; reading and homework.
- Study for each test and quiz.
- Every minute you spend in class, reading or doing homework is an investment in yourself. Through your education you are changing and improving yourself.Make yourself into the best person you can be.
- Read the PCC college catalog which can be freely downloaded from the PCC website. and It will tell you all the rules and procedures you must follow. As a college student you are expected to read and know college regulations and procedures as published in the catalog and Schedule of Classes.
- Know the deadlines for your classes. Check the current schedule of classes and/or go online to Pasadena.edu Student Quicklinks.
- There is a date after which it is too late to add a class.
- There is a date after which it is too late to drop without a “W”.
- There is a date after which it is too late to drop with a “W”.
- Take pride in your college accomplishments. The degree, certificate, grades and knowledge you acquire will be with you the rest of your life. It can never be taken away.
- Take responsibility for your college courses. It is your responsibility to register and pay the fees by the deadlines. It is your responsibility to drop those classes you will no longer be attending.
- Do not over commit yourself by taking too many classes and working too many hours. Many students need an average of two hours of study and homework time outside of class for every hour spent in class.
- Have fun and enjoy your college experience. Participate in the many opportunities available at this college.