|Mon - Wed||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Location: D208|| |
|Thu||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Location: D208||Students Unlimited General Meeting 12:15-12:45|
|Fri||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Location: D208|| |
Welcome to the Assistive Technology Center
The Assistive Technology Center (ATC) is a facility designed for students who are currently registered with DSP&S, faculty, and staff to learn to use the latest assistive hardware and software to fully participate within all Pasadena City College academic and vocational programs.
Individualized training on any of the ATC’s assistive technology is available by appointment. Please contact DSP&S to make arrangements. Opportunities for group training
will be posted on the News and Events page below.
Alternate media requests must be submitted to the DSPS Office as early as possible after you have registered into the class for which alternated media is requested.
Making an Alternate Media Request
- Identify your textbooks at the PCC Bookstore,
- complete the Alternate Media Request form
- E-mail the completed form to The Assistive Technology Specialist .
- Print the completed form and ask your professor to sign at the bottom of the second page during the first week of class.
- Attach a copy of your course syllabus and bring it to D209.
- ou must make one request for each item you wish to be converted. Please ensure with your teacher specialist that you have an alternate media agreement on file with DSP&S.
Rules and Procedures for the ATC
- Be prepared to identify yourself when entering the ATC by swiping your Lancer Card ID
- Assistive technology training appointments can be made at the Front Desk in D209.
- Only sealable water bottles are allowed inside the lab
- Walkways should be clear of loose articles such as backpacks and purses.
- Conversation volumes should be kept to a minimum and phone calls made outside the ATC lab.
- Bring your own paper and print only school-related material.
- Non-DSP&S students can meet outside the lab
- Rooms A, B, and C in D-208 can be arranged with DSP&S staff. Please be advised that these rooms are constantly monitored by closed circuit television.
- The Security and Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources and Student Conduct and Academic Honesty Policies must be followed at all times.
- Please follow all instructions by DSP&S staff.
- In an event of an emergency, exit the building by the ramp located on the west side of the building.
- Students Unlimited is a club that meets in the ATC every Thursday at 12:15. The goal of Students Unlimited is to provide a supportive climate for all students, and to promote disability awareness.